Top Ten Legal Profession Stories of 2012Monday, February 18th, 2013
A short post to give a heads up to an excellent post by Laurel Terry on the Top Ten Legal Profession Stories of 2012 over at Legal Ethics Forum.
The stories are:
- ABS go live in the UK
- The influence of the Troika
- Market liberalization in countries such as South Korea, Singapore and Malaysia
- Market access contraction in Brazil and Vietnam
- Developments in India’s ongoing UPL saga
- FATF and Gatekeeper developments
- US action (or not) on accreditation of foreign law schools
- New resources regarding admission and legal practice outside the US
- Formation of an international network of legal regulators
- National developments
This is a comprehensive collection and should be essential reading.